While some of us may be out of quarantine, quite a few people are not. And, even if we aren’t in lock-down or completely quarantining–social distancing still keeps us from some of our normal activities. Personally, I have been sick for the past week and have to quarantine for a while longer, so it got me thinking, what can I do in quarantine besides binge New Girl all day? (Although that’s a fantastic use of time if you ask me.)
So, I came up with a list of things to do to keep busy and entertained during these crazy times of quarantining and social distancing!
- Deep clean. There are always those particular nooks and cranny’s that we tend to overlook in our normal day to day life. But, with some time on our hands, why not deep clean those cluttered cabinets, or organize that black hole of a junk drawer that we’ve been stockpiling the most random items in for the past year.
- Clear out your closet. I don’t know about you, but my closet tends to get a little overrun with clothing I haven’t worn in a year–or ever. Why not take some time to clear out those items? You can make a little money by selling them on sites like Poshmark or thredUP, or you could donate them. Bonus! You will now have an excuse to buy new clothes! (That is how that works, right?)
- Get fit. Start a new workout routine or take on an exercise challenge.
- Experiment with baking. Break out that Pinterest board with recipes you’ve saved and put some to the test. Challenge yourself with new cooking techniques and ingredients you aren’t use to working with. Have fun with it!
- Learn a new language. Take some time to study that language you’ve always wanted to learn but have never had the time to, or always thought it was to difficult. (Check out my post on 7 steps to learning a new language.)
- Learn a new skill. Try your hand at a hobby you have never tried before. Whether it be cooking, painting, knitting, give it a shot!
- Have a photo shoot. Break out your camera and have a fun solo photo shoot, get creative with it and see what awesome photos you can capture!
- Have a movie day. Curl up on the couch and finally watch all those movies that have been floating around in your watch list.
- Redecorate and revamp. Find some super cute decor items online and redecorate a space in your home. Or, revamp an old piece of furniture you have had forever. Give it a new look!
- Adventure outdoors. If you are in an area where exploring a new place while social distancing is possible, then go for it! Try out a new biking or hiking trail and get some fresh air.
- Paint by number. I am sure we have all seen the paint by numbers all over social media, and I have to say, they are super fun and relaxing. I really enjoy doing them and I definitely recommend giving it a try!
- Zoom game night with friends! A good friend of mine set up a murder mystery game night and it was a lot of fun. You can even get really into it and show up in your characters full costume.
- Use the wonderful resource of YouTube to improve a skill. You may not have many big events to get all dressed up for nowadays, but you can watch some really great makeup and hair tutorials and experiment with new looks. (Maybe even for your solo photo shoot.) There is definitely no end to what you can learn on YouTube!
- Write. Write whatever you want whether that be a fiction book, a blog post, a poem, or just a personal journal entry. Writing is a great way to express yourself and use your time!
- Catch up with old friends. If you find yourself thinking about old friends you haven’t caught up with in a while you are not alone. Why not give them a call or video chat with them and catch up on each others lives.
I hope these 15 ideas help you to enjoy these uncertain times a little more. Despite the fact that things have changed we can still keep busy and positive in our lives!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I hope to see you again soon!